Saturday, June 18, 2011

Friday Night Devotions

It has rained all afternoon and evening.  At dinner, Mike shared with us that he stopped by the Garcia's home after we left and the floor of their current home was already covered in water.  That thought had mulled through my mind this evening and I wanted to talk about my thoughts during devotions. 

In the meantime, when we returned from eating Frosty's, the power was out at the mission house.  We came together, in the dark, and Emily led our devotion.  As she shared, it was obvious that God laid the same thought in her heart about our purpose here this week.  Building the house for the sake of building a house was not our purpose.  Our purpose was building a house as a tangible expression of God's love and protection.  The new house will mean that they will walk on a dry floor, sleep under a dry roof and be protected from all the elements. 

It's been a great day!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great tonight reading about your progress on the house, and the progress you are making in building and growing relationships with the families and children of Honduras. Isn't it amazing how we think we go for one mission and God has so many more things planned for us? We have no way of comprehending the magnitude of His call for each of us. I'm so thankful for the rain, rain always brings life and renewal and that is what you are bringing to the Garcia family this week. I am so proud of each of you, for listening to God's call and answering with a willingnes and eagerness to serve. You are in my thoughts and prayers. My prayer is that as you go out, you will bring "showers of blessings" to all those you come in contact with.

    "For I will pour water on the thirsty land, and streams on the dry ground; I will pour my Spirit upon your offspring, and my blessings upon your descendants" Isaiah 44:3

    ReplyDelete